Saturday, June 9, 2018

Estoy edificando mi casa.

In the words of my fellow co-residents, our team has been absolutely “pulverized” this past week. Our chief was going over the stats last night on the computer beside me as I was desperately trying to focus long enough to finish up and get out of the hospital before the string of midnight traumas started rolling in. The stats revealed that in the first week of June we have had more trauma than the entire month of April and almost half of the entire month of May. And just counting the traumas does not include the acute care surgery consults and admissions our team has been given. As I offered to work this morning to help round on our long list of patients, I inwardly panicked at my own naivety. Thankfully my chief was wise enough to tell me no. Being able to sleep this morning was better for my mental well-being than any medicine. Or forget my mental well-being, my physical well-being as well. Walking home last night my knees and feet were aching more than I’d like to admit. I was painfully reminded that I am not 24 anymore. Not by a long-shot. But aches and pains gone after a nice long rest and I was able to go for a run this morning. God grants me the grace to persist, but I’ve also got to keep my heart strong to endure the grind.

Be safe out there everyone!
Much Love.

No comments: