Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Estoy celebrando.

Happy 4th of July! Literally ran out of the hospital yesterday, just in time to jump into a carpool with some of my co-residents. We were off to see some fireworks. We sat packed in like sardines facing towards Kensico Dam and watched with wonder as the flashes of light dazzled us, and the deafening sound reverberated within our chests.


 Danny, me, Monica, Min Li


Luke 12:48  "...For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have commited much, of him they will ask the more."

For the most part, my life in residency is fairly constant. Nothing new really to report. I did, however, recently move. Have an apartment on the hospital campus now. Weird to be so close to work, but invaluable to not have to worry about driving in snow during the winter. Definite blessing.
Furthermore, I'm back to being a 2nd year again. It's hard to watch as the seniors struggle with teaching all the brand new interns. It's tough, knowing you could do the work three times quicker and correctly, to stop yourself... and leave the work undone waiting for the intern. They have to learn how to manage, correctly and efficiently. How to prioritize and make their own check-lists. We don't remember it... but we were all there at one point.
I'm still trying to figure out what kind of chief I want to be some day. I have no doubt, I'll never actually succeed in deciding, but instead will just have to walk the walk one day. Praying for God's guidance with each step.

Much Love.


No comments: