Thursday, October 17, 2019

Estoy corriendo con el sol.

Another lap around the sun...

Don't think this day would pass without listening to my birthday song!



Here's a few memories from this past year.

11.2018 Spain

 La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

Monastery at Montserrat

White beach at Xabia

the Alhambra

Granada

 Ronda

 future retirement location...

Sevilla

New Zealand 5.2019
 Exploring in Campervan


 Routeburn Track

 Routeburn Track

 Lake Marian

 Milford Sound

 Campervan life

 Mountainbiking

Bungy jumping

Scotland 9.2019
 Loch Ness

 Castle Dunvegan

 Flodigarry Pods. Local cuisine

 Quirang

 Glenfinnan Viaduct

Glasgow

 Glasgow

 Arthur's Seat, Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Family pictures 2019









Some of my co-residents hung around waiting for me to finish resecting the liver I was working on! Chocolate cake!  And a BALLOON!!

I got to work with one of my favorite Attendings in the OR today. One perk to operating with him is his random OR soundtrack. You never know what you're going to hear, and it's a little bit of everything. Halfway through our left hepatectomy this song played. Made me smile. The time, the place, the situation... it all made me smile.


One Day- Matisyahu

Sometimes I lay under the moon,
And I thank God I'm breathin'.
Then I pray don't take me soon,
'Cause I am here for a reason.

Sometimes in my tears I drown,
But I never let it get me down.
So when negativity surrounds,
I know someday it'll all turn around because -

All my life I been waitin' for,
I been prayin' for, for the people to say;
That we don't want to fight no more.
They'll be no more wars,
And our children will play -

One day! One day! One day!
One day! One day! One day!

It's not about win or lose, 'cause we all lose,
When they feed on the souls of the innocent blood,
Drenched pavement keep on movin',
Though the waters stay ragin'.

And in this life you may lose your way, your way.
It might drive you crazy,
But don't let it phase you, no way, no way!

One day this all will change,
Treat people the same,
Stop with the violence down with the hate.
One day we'll all be free and proud to be,
Under the same sun, singing songs of freedom like.

Much Love.

No comments: