Friday, October 16, 2020

Estoy orando para ti.

 Another year has gone by. Another year older. I think I'd like to settle here. Stay 35 for the next 10-15years. I could be content with that. Nothing special happened today. I was post call, and so slow on rounds with my team this morning that I couldn't make a clean and clear exit before transplant rounds got underway. Really dumb on my part, which I told myself that multiple times as different attendings kept interrupting each other, and pointing fingers about inconsequential patient orders. Preferring to have been able to go home post call and nap/enjoy my birthday, having to instead listen to attendings strut their egos, really kind of spoiled it for me. Then it rained all day. I like a nice rainy day.... but, I really needed to go for a run today. And not being able to run, well... ice cream couldn't even help me with that today. Then our hospital is going live with its new electronic medical record this weekend. So I'm going in extra to do computer work. Nothing about that prospect is exciting in any way. It is what it is, and just like time, it will shortly be behind us.

Grabbing my jacket from the call room to leave the hospital this morning, I appreciated how the black jackets of my fellow co-chiefs all hung in a row, waiting for their owners to finish their cases for the day and return from the OR.

Birthday Song time!! Dance with me!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4omFQJEAAVc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this year... I've been feeling Hard Love as theme song to my life right now. Tell me you do that too right? What's your life's theme song right now?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tE3Fp8C_ufg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Much Love and prayers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Blessings in the year ahead.
I so enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Happy belated birthday girl!
Many prayers for you.
Marcia