Sunday, May 31, 2020

Estoy siguiendo adelante.

This past week was my scheduled week of vacation time. The plan had been to go to Costa Rica, which was an obvious definitely not. Even if I had somehow found a plane ticket to Central America... there's no way they'd have ever let me out of the airport. I mean... I'd be coming from New York; even I would have quarantined myself on arrival.

I spent the week at home in New York. First time of all residency that I had a staycation. The week flew by. I did venture out for a couple of day trips.

Kensico Dam. Minutes from the hospital, yet not previously explored.



Steep Rock Preserve in Northwestern CT.





It was good to get away for a few moments. Otherwise I studied a little, worked on some research, colored a few pictures, played the piano, wore out a pair of running shoes, purchased new pair of running shoes. In the end, vacation did it's job. The back pain I've been trying to ignore for the past month, as it was unresponsive to my attempts at medicating it, is finally gone. That's a relief! I was starting to annoy my coworkers with ponderings of possible osteoporotic stress fractures and the like.

Tomorrow morning I'll be heading back into the hospital to take my trauma team through the last block of the year. The month of June has seen me on Trauma every year for the past four years straight, and I'm very ready for this to be my last time!! Let's do it!

Much love and prayers!

No comments: