Saturday, June 30, 2018

Estoy avanzando.

Contact information was sent out for all residents in preparation for the start of a new year. My name was listed under PGY 3 Categorical. I paused for a moment of spontaneous unexpected elation. They tell me, the year will be the same as PGY2, especially now that we no longer will be rotating at St. Vinny's. They tell me it's nothing special, and not to get excited. What they don't understand or fail to realize is what it took for that PGY 3 to follow my name. Nothing short of a miracle, and I reserve the right to be elated, thankful, and at peace.

I'm starting PGY3 on a brand new service. I mentioned the major renovation our program has been going through before, and tomorrow is the day everything drops. July 1st everything new. I will be senior on the minimally invasive service for the next three months. It'll just be me and one intern. Being just two residents on a team, lends for an easy rounding schedule. Took me a whole two minutes to make it up and send my intern the schedule and the email welcoming him to the service and outlining some of my expectations. We'll see how it goes.

Here's a few pictures from our graduation party a week ago.
 Back row: Dr. Savino (Director of Surgery), Dr. Latifi (Chief of Surgery), Dr. Con (Program Director)
Front row: Graduating Chief residents: Min Li Xu D (Vascular Surgery fellowship), Artem Dyatlov MD (Starting practice in PA), Seungwhan Pee MD (Surgical Critical Care fellowship), Rachelle Lodescar MD (Burn fellowship)

 Chief residents with a handful of our Attendings

 K. Dzeba, one of our new Chief Residents, Monica and me

 Me, Ansab and Danny PGY2 going on PGY3

 All the PGY2s able to be at the party. Me, Clara, Danny, Ansab

Another of our new Chiefs Dr. Bronstein, Monica and me

Much Love.

No comments: