Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Estoy aprendiendo como los tiempos cambian.

There's a current popular contemporary christian song that has frequently been finding its way into my afterthoughts. One line in particular. "We all bleed the same." The artist sings advocating love one towards another. I was thinking about it as I watched my fellow travelers fill the airplane last weekend. Single file line, waiting for the aisle to clear, then continuing on towards their designated seat. I would watch their faces, and imagined a sketch book that God had taken, pencil in hand, into which He etched each eye crinkle and hair curl, and made the jaw line just so. There were no two faces the same. Each completely unique. Each completely beautiful.

We all bleed the same.
We're all beautiful. Created down to the last eyelash with the same loving hand. Each one.

I was on my way to Illinois. Got to spend about 40 hours with my nephews and celebrate Christmas with the family.
 Peter Bear
 Little Lincoln
and Miles Austin

Group effort opening Miles' Christmas gift!!

Back at work this week, doesn't even feel like I missed a beat. Not much had happened over the weekend that I hadn't already set up for before leaving on Friday. Made it easy to pick it back up again right in rhythm.  Waiting to sign out this evening I sat and listened as my chief bemoaned the fact that she's taking two weeks vacation over the holidays. How busy she is going to be seeing all of her family and all of her fiancee's family, and how tired it will make her that it won't feel like a vacation at all.  As I listened I heard the song playing through the back of my mind again. No matter how different we are; we all have been created with love. We're all beautiful. We all bleed the same.

Much Love.



No comments: