Sunday, November 26, 2017

Estoy orando.

I had a patient declare my doppelgänger to be Amelia Earhart today. We had just finished our case during which I had deployed a filter within his inferior vena cava. But had only used a bunch of local to do so, therefore he supposedly was considered to be at his baseline of alert and oriented x 3. The last time someone tried to assign my doppelgänger as a Russian American actress, my family immediately veto’d that idea.

He persisted with his statement that I looked like Amelia Earhart, until I flipped him up on his side in order to move him off the OR table. Despite the usual warning, the movement startled him. To which the Anesthesiologist reassured him, “don’t worry, she’s never dropped anyone.... yet.” Either way, we were finally distracted away from any supposed look alike.

My chief told me not to come to the hospital this past Friday. I’ll be honest that it caught me off guard, and I was hesitant at first. But when I was able to collect what it ment... 48 hrs away from the hospital... I didn’t dare argue with that, opting instead to hold my breath until it became reality. After leaving the hospital Thanksgiving night I packed a bag and fled. I spent two whole days up with family and friends in CT. Much fellowship, great conversations, good food (Thanksgiving left-overs included) and some time to study! In the absence of being able to attend church, it definitely did my soul good.

Much Love.

No comments: