Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Estoy sola.

The team I have been assigned to this month has changed its political makeup since the last time I flew its colors, carried its banners, and yelled its war chant. Ha, kidding... but not really. It's almost like three individual houses banded together under a single title with one Chief. Although, in reality, the houses govern themselves, and the chief stands there and smiles. And as for my role?... The word that comes to mind is a PAWN. The least valuable player, I have no say over where I go, or what I do. And at the same time, the most valuable player. Every morning its like I'm auctioned off to whomever claims me first. Oftentimes this auctioning continues throughout the day and my assigned cases are often changed and rearranged. I'm strategically moved wherever and whenever the chiefs desire pending case loads of all teams and which residents are actually available for the day.

There's a part of me that protests at feeling used and abused, but I get over it quick enough, because at the end of the day I'm in the OR.

Much Love.

No comments: