Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Estoy apreciando todos los tipos de seres humanos.

She was so high strung, she wouldn't sit down, choosing instead to pace back and forth. And standing still to show me her arm, she chewed her bottom lip and picked her feet up and down. She'd broken a needle off in her arm. When asked about the last time using, she said "today." Thank goodness she was smart enough to use the other arm.

Her honesty was... refreshing.

I went to talk to a patient and his wife about surgery for the following day. Answered all their questions and at the end they asked me to talk with "their daughter" and explain the surgery to her. They hand me a cell phone. Within two seconds I know this woman is not their daughter. What proceeded was a 20 minute conversation with a fly. She, being the fly, kept trying to fly into a window. I stood at the door and explained it was a door. I demonstrated what a door is for. I waved my arms. I jumped and down. I spun in circles and did the hokey pokey. It didn't matter. She kept flying into the window. Bam. Bam. Bam. Bam. Bam. Bam. I finally gave up and went through the door by myself, an incredibly sour feeling in my stomach.

People are just amazing sometimes.

The individual who's life is a mess yet smart enough to find a door, and on the other hand, the individual who in their head has it all together, yet they keep running into the window.

Much Love.

No comments: